Many, many thanks to Sean, the travelingenglishteacher for passing on to me the “Sunshine Award”. The squirrel is very grateful. Of late, this blog’s trophy and award cupboard has been as bare as Old Mother Hubbard’s. I mean, give a dog a bone or rather the squirrel some nuts. So thanks, Sean.
Sean is a modern day adventurer out exploring the world. Currently, he’s in Korea but he has a list of 100 things to do and places to visit; including backpacking through South East Asia (my part of the world!). Drop by and learn more of the adventures of an American let loose on the world.
Now the Sunshine Award is awarded to blogs “which contribute to the blogging community in a positive or inspirational way.” Wow. I am humbled but grinning like a sun-stroked idiot.
The Award comes with the following
- Thank the person who nominated you and write a post about it.
- Answer ten questions about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 10 bloggers you enjoy, link to their blogs, and let them know you nominated them.
Without further ado, here are the questions………..
- Favorite color: Aquamarine (a blue-green hue)
- Favorite animal: Otter (was this a surprise? Squirrel is second)
- Favorite number: 13
- Favorite drink: Soya milk (this is my all time favorite but my current favorite can change with time)
- Favorite website: Bible Gateway ( a great site to read and study the Word of God)
- Passion: nature and the environment, photography, canals, travel, culture and history. Oh and writing. Oh, yes, also food ……..etc.
- Prefer getting or giving presents: Neither.
- Favorite pattern: Black Watch Tartan (just like the colors, really)
- Favorite day of the week: Saturday
- Favorite flower: Carnations
And now…..(drum-roll)…… I pass the award on to ……..
- Magic Lantern Show – Owen captures in photos and prose, much of the beauty of nature, architecture, town and countryside, culture and history from his base in France but also helps bloggers connect with each other.
- VioletSky – I always find sunshine in her posts, even though she is a taphophile but then so am I.
- The HeSo Project – Tracy and her Heart and Soul Project is all about regaining sunshine into one’s life and is well illustrated with pictures of many interesting places she has visited.
- Windy Skies – Anil finds sunshine in the faces, places and lives of the people around him. Poet and photographer and people watcher, I always feel elated after visiting his blog.
- Grey and Red, A Squirrel Journal – I just have to give a shout out to my friend, Caryn, who not only writes and educates us all about squirrels but is SquirrelMama, bringing sunshine to many orphaned squirrels and smiles to many readers’ faces.
- Please….forgive…..can’t …..think ….any….more……small….rodent …..brain…….overheated.